The Baldwin Park branch of the Los Angeles County Fire Department determined that the cause of the -which was being used as an office- was caused by an electrical short circuit.
The incident was reported around 12:50 p.m. on Thursday, in a building located at 5035 Bleecker St., two blocks south of Arrow Highway. No injuries were reported.
According to authorities, a vehicle driving into the building made contact with a power line and caused the short, igniting the fire.
The fire destroyed the kitchen area and part of an office. The house had been converted into the headquarters of a landscaping business.
Structural damages amount to $50,000, and property loss was estimated to be around $10,000.