A malfunctioning bathroom fan was the cause for a last Sunday, which left a Baldwin Park family without a home.
According to inspector Bryan Riley, from the Los Angeles County Fire Department, the cost of all damages reached $120,000 in building infrastructure and $25,000 in personal belongings.
Riley also said that the Red Cross has assisted the family by providing temporary housing.
The unit, located on the 3400 block of Baldwin Park Blvd., is no longer habitable.
According to authorities, the fire started around 1:22 p.m. on Sunday, and upon arriving, firefighters found the first floor completely engulfed in flames.
The fire was contained around 1:44 p.m. There were no injuries reported due to this incident.