City of Baldwin Park to Offer Scholarships

Scholarships will be awarded to local high school seniors and students from Baldwin Park, currently attending a community college or accredited university.

If you live in Baldwin Park and you are a high school senior or a student attending any community college or university, you could apply to get a scholarship from the Department of Recreation and Community Services. 

The Commission Scholarship Committee will award scholarships based on academic achievement, professional affiliation and activities; experience in public service field and also by evaluating an essay, recommendation references and an oral Interview.

All applications are due Thursday, May 2, 2013 by 5:00pm at the Teri G. Muse Family Service Center located at 14403 East Morgan in Baldwin Park.

Applicants should have a minimum of cumulative GPA of 3.0 overall, must show proof or residency in Baldwin Park and must submit transcripts from 9th grade to present, among other requirements.

For more information, people can call (626) 813-5245, Ext. 317 or by visiting the City's oficial website www.baldwinpark.com.

Keep up with Baldwin Park Patch Latino by subscribing to the Patch Newsletter. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »