Free Hazardous & E-Waste Roundup Date: 6/9/2012 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Cost: Free Location: L.A. County Fairplex, Hotel & Exposition Complex
Gate 23, Arrow Highway
Pomona, California 91765
Please follow the transportation limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste per trip when driving your HHW/E-waste to the collection event for disposal.
How to prepare for an HHW collection event:
- Pack HHW in cardboard boxes so that it does not spill during transport. Be prepared to leave your containers and boxes.
- Put like chemicals together. Separate unlike chemicals.
- Label materials that are not in their original containers.
- Make sure containers are not leaking and lids are tightly sealed.
- Put your boxes in your car trunk, away from passengers during transport. Remove all other items from the trunk.
At the event, trained personnel will ask you to remain in your car while they remove the HHW from your trunk.
Items not NOT accepted:
- HHW and e-waste from businesses.
- Explosives, ammunition, and radioactive materials.
- Trash and tires.
- White goods (refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, etc.)
MORE DETAILS, including a complete list of acceptable and unacceptable items, are available online at www.CleanLA.com or by phone 800.238.0172.
Note: Electronic waste collected at these events is sent to a State-certified facility, where it is 100 percent de-manufactured and recycled in a stringent and environmentally acceptable manner to the commodity level in the United States. No items collected at these events is sent overseas.